Unitair – Applications
Enerconcept’s UNITAIR wall-mounted solar air heater, completely integrated from an architectural point of view, preheats outside make-up air into the building’s ventilation system in a very simple manner, using the forced convection flowthrough principle, with the incoming passing through the plate (collector cladding).
Since it is coupled to the building’s ventilation system, the wall-mounted solar air collector admits cold air by perforations through and around the cladding the cladding and heats itself in the internal air plenum. Furthermore, baffles inside the plenum optimize the transfer of solar energy to the air to be heated. Simply designed, maintenance-free and highly profitable, each project is individually designed according to the required air flow and available wall surface.
Ideal Applications :
- Maintenance facilities
- Theatres/Conference Centers
- Other commercial buildings
- Panels are installed 4”-8” from wall (10 to 20 cm)
- Can be installed over or around existing wall openings
- Can be installed over any non-combustible wall material
- Easy installation – no special skills or tools needed
- Enerconcept provides tailor-made shop drawings
- Installation done by conventional cladding and HVAC contractors
Typical schematics for solar preheating of a gas-fired make-up air unit
Typical schematics of solar heating for a building’s inner open space